Week 7: Bat!

Hey everyone! Before I begin this week's post, I do apologize for not posting last week – it was another rough one, but things are looking good once again, and my mom is in great shape and is now well on her way to recovery. Thank you all so much for all of your kind words. I really, really do appreciate them <3

So let's get started for this week!

This week's directive was to begin making a pixel sprite – a small image – of a Mexican long tongued bat for the game itself. There's a few small challenges as far as making a tiny image goes, but my work process always begins with a sketch, so that's what I got done this week. The main challenge, however, was making our little guy look, well, cuter.

Cute to some, terrifying to others.
Photo courtesy of the USDA Forest Service.

I think he's cute as is, but I know plenty of people who would hate to be within a 5000 foot radius of our furry little pal. As such, here's my (very rough) sketch work so far:

That's better!

Next week's mini-project will be to begin making actual sprites from my sketches! I'm definitely looking forward to it, as pixel art is one of my favorite hobbies.

Catch you later! Over and out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5: Troubleshooting

Week 4