Week 2: Tracks

This past week, I admittedly haven't looked much at the code to build the bat game off of. I love computers, and I'm majoring for Applied Computing as well as potentially doing some IT classes on the side next semester, but coding terrifies me – for the time being. However, all I need to do is really just tell myself to take it easy and go step-by-step. 

I've always been more of an arts/music guy, so for my first step I've been working on the soundtrack for the game! It gives me a good mental starting point, and it helps to have assets (graphics, sounds, and so on) ready to use and be implemented into the game once coding begins.

This is Logic Pro, my music software of choice since I was 13.
Each row of those green rectangles (tracks) is a different instrument - some can be drums,
some can be synths, and so on. For this bat game project, it's 8 bit noises sampled
from a NES game console! I'd let you listen, but it's not done yet :)

So this is what an average day in the life of Chris looks like! I spend at least roughly 4-6 hours per day working on music, partially because of my album I've been doing, my personal game project, collaboration songs with friends, and now because of the bat game research project. I've never once gotten sick of it though!

In this coming week, I'll finally take a look at the code and hope for the best. I've got to start sometime!

Catch you later! Over and out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5: Troubleshooting

Week 4

Week 7: Bat!