Week 14: We Made It!

We made it, everyone! Week 14! The end of the semester, and the end of my first chapter with the S-STEM/TRAIN program (with more to come if all goes well).

The entirety of this week was spent prepping a presentation of the research project. I like to think I did a decent job on it - I'm typically a PowerPoint perfectionist and I will spend multiple hours trying to come up with a perfect font/layout/color/line animation combo - but I told myself to hold off on all of that and stick to something simple, which ultimately benefitted the presentation itself. No flashy graphics, just simple and clean data (which is something I probably should've told myself before I picked a gaudy late 90s Web 1.0 aesthetic for this blog).


It still took me an embarrassingly long time to settle on this presentation design.
It did its job, though!

The presentation itself went off without a hitch! Although, I'll admit that I did occasionally suffer from that lifelong problem of mine where I tend to talk faster than I think, which leads to me stuttering and occasionally losing my place mid-thought. But hey, we're all human, right?

I'm looking forward to continuing this project next semester and to see how it evolves; during a small Q&A after I presented, I got so many great ideas from my fellow scholars, and I'd love to implement them into a project in the future.

Besides that, that's all that's left to report for this semester. It's been a great one for sure, and legitimately one of the most positive experiences I've had in college thus far. 

Looking forward to seeing you next semester! Over and out :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 5: Troubleshooting

Week 4

Week 7: Bat!